Fine Sun or Earth Sensor
CubeSense is a CMOS-based Sun and Earth sensor with a wide field of view, low power usage and high accuracy. CubeSense is a highly compact, single sensor head with integrated electronics.
These sensors provide Sun/Earth measurements with <0.2° (3σ) accuracy over a 180° field of view. The sun sensors are completely immune to albedo effects, making them highly robust and versatile. All sensors are calibrated in our state-of-the-art dark calibration room, using a sun simulator and highly accurate rotation stage. CubeSense has flight heritage for a wide variety of missions and orbits.
In orbit since 2014
High-resolution image sensors with wide coverage
- Based on a high resolution 1.3 megapixel imager
- The imager is also perfect to capture quick grayscale images of the Earth
- Better coverage than most sensors in the same performance range thanks to the wide field of view
Accurate and robust earth and sun detection
- Each CubeSense sensor is individually calibrated using an accurate calibration process in our state-of-the-art dark, clean, optics room with highly accurate rotation stage
- The earth and sun sensing algorithms have been refined to ensure robust performance even in non-ideal situations
- Simple and compact design
- Qualified in vibration, thermal, vacuum and radiation, and immune to albedo effects
- Used in operational missions since 2014
CubeSense S / N
Compact sun (S) / Nadir (N) sensor with integrated electronics
|Operating temperature||-20°C to 70°C|
|Accuracy (3-sigma)||<0.2° with Earth/Sun fully in view|
|Lead time||3 Months|
Prices include worldwide shipment and insurance. Not sure which option is required for your mission? Please get in touch.