Small Satellite Reaction Wheels
CubeWheel is a satellite reaction wheel that comes in small, small+, medium and large sizes. It allows you to control the attitude of your satellite.
It includes a highly balanced flywheel disc, a brushless electrical motor, an electronic driver and a microcontroller circuit. The wheels can be given a speed reference command through I2C, UART or CAN, and they integrate easily with any ADCS.
In orbit since 2014
- Each wheel is mountable on its small or large face, which enables the option to mount the wheel in all axes of your satellite.
- The wheels can operate at a wide range of voltages between 6.5V and 18V.
- Comes with all driving and interfacing electronics integrated into a complete package
- Wheel size influences the maximum slew rates the satellite can handle, the total momentum the wheels can store, and even the size of the vibrations and torque ripple on the satellite.
- There are four sizes available specifically scaled to meet the typical small satellite ADCS needs from 2-unit CubeSat to satellite up to 25kg.
- Designed to be as modular as possible with shared electronics designs between all sizes of wheels.
- Each reaction wheel is individually balanced to reduce vibration.
- All wheels come with coiled brass thread inserts, to provide a mounting interface that is durable and reliable under vibration.
- The wheels are fitted with a solid 14-pin screw-down connector to ensure a reliable electrical connection under mechanical stress.
|Operating temperature||-10°C to 60°C||-10°C to 60°C||-10°C to 60°C||-10°C to 60°C|
|Vibration||14g RMS||8.9g RMS||8.9g RMS||8.9g RMS|
|Supply voltage||3V3 & 6.4-16V||3V3 & 6.4-16V||3V3 & 6.4-16V||3V3 & 6.4-16V|
|Average power (2000 rpm)||150mW||190mW||190mW||350mW|
|Momentum @ max speed||1.77mNms||3.6mNms||10.82mNms||30.61mNms|
|Static imbalance||<0.003 g·cm||<0.004 g·cm||<0.004 g·cm||<0.006 g·cm|
|Dynamic imbalance||<0.005 g·cm||<0.014 g·cm||<0.014 g·cm||<0.05 g·cm|
|Buy →||Buy →||Buy →||Buy →|
Prices include worldwide shipment and insurance. Not sure which option is required for your mission? Please get in touch.